The Children’s Ministry Team at NLCC strongly believes that spiritual development can and should begin from the earliest age with parents as the primary nurturers of their children’s faith. Our resources focus on knowing God personally, igniting a passion for Christ, learning to listen to His Spirit, keeping biblical content true to context and cultivating a concern for people’s needs in our communities and the world.
Our curriculum is a dynamic, spiritually-forming, and family-empowering with family resources that meet the specific needs of today’s generation. It has been uniquely developed to inspire, equip, and support parents and leaders in their ministry to children.
We look forward to partnering with you to help your child grow in their spiritual life.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that we might be able to help with…
Birth through 3 Years Old
Our trained nursery ministry volunteers are present during the 9:30am service. Infants thru 3 years old are cared for while families worship. Families are provided with a beeper in the event the parent is needed.
Children 3 Years through 6th Grade:
Parents will check their kids in at the Kids Kiosk located in the Lobby of the Worship Center.
Children will begin their morning in worship with the congregation in the Worship Center.
When the music set ends, an announcement will be made prompting children 3 years through 6th grade to join us in the PowerZone room, B109. They will be escorted from the Worship Center to the PowerZone room by The PowerZone leaders.
Our curriculum is designed to help create connections between the church and the home, children and God, as well as the church and the community.
Adults are responsible for picking up their children from the PowerZone room after the service has ended.
We Value Your Child’s Safety - Safety Procedures
We hold the safety of our families and our children in the highest regard. Our Children’s Ministry team follows these guidelines to ensure the protection of all our classrooms, volunteers and especially, our children.
- Parent or guardian sign their children in and out of the appropriate classroom.
- Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers are identified with a black lanyard.
- No volunteer is EVER allowed to be alone with a child and all classrooms are equipped with windows.
- No male volunteers are EVER allowed to change diapers or take children to restrooms. Female volunteers on bathroom runs with kids must first check the bathroom and stalls before allowing kids to enter.
- Parents who wish to stay in the classroom with their child are allowed to do so but are not allowed to take any child to the restroom or change any diaper.
In addition, all staff and volunteers must pass a thorough background check.
Are You On Facebook?
How to Find Us
Artesia, CA 90701
- REMEMBERING: People in Assisted Living / Memory CareSeptember 21, 2017 - 3:08 pm
- The Gift of LimitsSeptember 19, 2017 - 5:03 pm
- REMEMBERING: People in Skilled Nursing FacilitiesSeptember 14, 2017 - 4:08 pm
- Living in Brokenness and VulnerabilitySeptember 10, 2017 - 7:09 am
- REMEMBERING: Men & Women in the MilitarySeptember 7, 2017 - 3:14 pm