The Children’s Ministry at NLCC loves children and loves to teach them in age appropriate ways to love Jesus and others. We also value intergenerational opportunities for families to be together and try to create those experience throughout the year.
In our attempts to partner with you in helping your child know and love Jesus, we will also be offering workshops several times a year that will help you gain an understanding of the developmental phase your child in. This might be helpful as you also put your best foot forward to be a mom, dad, grand parent, relative or friend to a child.
Thanks you for trusting us with your child and we look forward to partnering with you to help your child grow in their spiritual life.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that we might be able to help with…
Birth through 3 Years Old
Our trained nursery ministry volunteers are present during the 9:30am service. Infants thru 3 years old are cared for while families worship. Families are provided with a beeper in the event the parent is needed.
Children 3 Years through 6th Grade:
Parents will check their kids in at the Kids Kiosk located in the Lobby of the Worship Center.
Children will begin their morning in worship with the congregation in the Worship Center.
When the music set has ends, an announcement will be made prompting children 3 years through 6th grade to join us in the PowerZone room, B109. They will be escorted from the Worship Center to the PowerZone room by The PowerZone leaders.
Our curriculum is designed to help create connections between the church and the home, children and God, as well as the church and the community.
Adults are responsible for picking up their children from the PowerZone room after the service has ended.
We Value Your Child’s Safety - Safety Procedures
We hold the safety of our families and our children in the highest regard. Our Children’s Ministry team follows these guidelines to ensure the protection of all our classrooms, volunteers and especially, our children.
- Parent or guardian sign their children in and out of the appropriate classroom.
- Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers are identified with a black lanyard.
- No volunteer is EVER allowed to be alone with a child and all classrooms are equipped with windows.
- No male volunteers are EVER allowed to change diapers or take children to restrooms. Female volunteers on bathroom runs with kids must first check the bathroom and stalls before allowing kids to enter.
- Parents who wish to stay in the classroom with their child are allowed to do so but are not allowed to take any child to the restroom or change any diaper.
In addition, all staff and volunteers must pass a thorough background check.
Are You On Facebook?
How to Find Us
Artesia, CA 90701