Statement of Faith
New Life Community Church holds to the essential historic orthodox Christian beliefs as expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed, as well as the Evangelical Statement of Faith. While majoring in the majors, we leave room for disagreement in secondary matters that are not essential for salvation.
- The Bible (both Old and New Testaments) as originally written is inspired by God and is therefore completely trustworthy. The Bible is the final authority on all matters to which it speaks.
- There is one God – creator and sustainer of all things, holy, perfectly loving, righteous, merciful and just – who exists forever in perfect community as three persons (the Trinity): Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God uniquely created human beings, male and female, in His own image and designed them for relationship with Him and with each other. They are to share in God’s governance over the earth as co-stewards with Him.
- In union with Adam and Eve and their fall into Satan’s temptation, humans are sinners by nature and choice and are alienated from God and under His judgment.
- Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, one person in two natures (the second person of the Trinity). Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, performed miracles, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father and will personally and physically return in power and glory.
- Jesus’ death on the cross is the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His sacrificial death and victorious resurrection are the only grounds for salvation. Salvation from our sinful condition is a free gift from God to us. It is not something we earn or deserve. It is offered in grace and received by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He makes people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also indwells and empowers believers to become more like Jesus and carry on his mission and work on the earth by giving spiritual gifts to everyone.
- The Church is the community of followers of Jesus from all races and nations. The church is not a building, nor a program. Jesus is the head of the church, and we are members of his body. The Church exists to proclaim and demonstrate the good news of Jesus to the world in our everyday activities.
- Jesus gave the Church two Sacraments: baptism and communion. Sacraments are a physical and tangible sign of the truth of the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, they do help sustain and nourish believers.
- There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead: of the believer to everlasting life to dwell with the Lord in the new heaven and new earth, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting separation from God.
Are You On Facebook?
How to Find Us
Artesia, CA 90701
- REMEMBERING: People Who Are HomeboundJanuary 18, 2018 - 4:46 pm
- You Can Run But You Can Not HideJanuary 14, 2018 - 1:32 am
- REMEMBERING: People in Skilled Nursing FacilitiesJanuary 11, 2018 - 4:20 pm
- Running from GodJanuary 7, 2018 - 10:38 pm
- REMEMBERING: Men & Women in the MilitaryJanuary 4, 2018 - 5:31 pm